Wednesday, June 05, 2013

My own entropy project

Apparently this blog has turned into its own Entropy Project.

I apparently hate sitting in front of a computer for more than nine or ten hours a day. That's why I haven't been able to bring myself to update the blog. It doesn't help that the latest interface is a piece of absolute shit. But update I must, I suppose.

I'm still on Bob's Burgers. We're starting season four! Hooray for union hours! I also FINALLY got up the nerve to mumble to the voice of Louise, Kristen Schaal:

     
 Standing in the background is the voice of Tina, Dan Mintz. He sounds exactly like Tina ALL THE TIME.

Still have the Police Bike, and it's still the most wonderful thing ever. I haven't crashed it, though I did tip it over in the alleyway by work a few months back. Frankly, a bike isn't yours until you tip it over. And yes, I needed help picking it up, because the alley wasn't level. Good times.





See that? That's the logo for this year's Battle on the Bank tournament. I think LA will win the entire deal, but I'm curious to see which league will come up to second place. It's a toss-up between San Diego Derby Dolls, Arizona Derby Dames, and Tilted Thunder from Seattle. For the first time there's also a junior tournament, which I think is the best thing ever! It's supposed to be webcast, so tune in this Friday through Sunday at derbydolls.tv!



Here's some photos from the Stanley Kubrick exhibit that's closing at the end of the month at LACMA:















The best part was seeing the scripts of his earlier films with his notes and drawings all over them. A piece of the movie-making process that's visible to everyone! I'm thinking of going back, but I don't know if I'll be able to before it closes. If you're in LA and haven't seen it, GO. NOW.

LouC is still hanging in there. Still cranky, and is on antibiotics as well as getting subcutaceous fluids due to kidney failure. He has gotten used to newcomer Houdini, and Houdini has turned into quite the character. We're trying to teach him how to obey us, which is HILARIOUS. He gets insulted when I tell him to "stay". Apparently he thinks we should want to be with him ALL THE TIME. He's actually right, but I'm not going to tell him that!

July will be busy with Comic Con and Rollercon again this year. Hope I survive both!

I'm still looking for The Thing That I'm Passionate About since I retired from skating. Now it's work, announcing, stressing about work or announcing, stressing about commuting to work or announcing, or some other delightful combination of stress. Derby is getting more and more frustrating for me, and I don't know what to do about it yet. 

Welp, on that vague note, I must go, as it's almost my bedtime. That's the thing I really hate about working for a place with a very small parking lot; I gotta get up early to finish my daily exercise so that I can rush to work just for a decent parking spot. Then I sit and stare groggily at the cintiq for about an hour before my brain gets jump-started by coffee. Oh! But on that note: I've almost completely cut out drinking Red Bull. And I fit into my pants a tiny bit better as a result. And I'm more awake from coffee anyway, so win-win!

Alright, hopefully I'll get back into the groove of updating this blog before it dies from neglect!

2 comments:

Ginamonster said...

Glad you're back!!

-Grace N Motion

Troy said...

And this is why I pop in.

Hooray!