More things to add to my life's experiences:
- On a bicycle, it's just over 29 miles roundtrip from my house to the new Temple of the Dolls. It takes about an hour and a half to ride one way betwixt the two locations.
- Traffic on Beverly Blvd. east of La Brea will definitely take a few years off one's life if they're stoopid enough to ride a goddam bicycle through the area.
- Pink and sparkly nail polish holds up remarkably well despite the intense physical labor it takes to put up the banked track.
I now understand why women expect men who date them to pay for dinner: being a girl is difficult! Here's some examples:
- One must be a technical genius to figure out how to put on false eyelashes.
- High heels are the most insidious torture devices that are still legal.
- Wearing fishnets with said high heels adds an extra element of exquisite pain that really wears on the nerves as the fishnets dig into the balls of the feet.
- Wearing fishnets and high heels while trying to manoever down a flight of cobblestone stairs while carrying a bag of ice is a very, very stoopid thing for me to do. Even more stoopid than riding my bicycle to Silverlake.
- Ever wear a wig? Don't.
- Trying to add pink marabou feathers to a costume will result in whatever room this project was undertaken in to resemble the aftermath of a gay chicken exploding.
- Silver lame` will make one's hands sweat.
And on to Halloween:
- You know you have a good costume when people you hang out with all the time don't recognize you.
- It's very important to bring glue for touch-ups.
- If you're going to dress up as a specific character, act like you're that character while in costume.
- Rough Draft puts on a good party, even though the drinks were weak. Or my liver is strong. Hmmmmm.
- Party food makes my tummy very upset.
- Who knew that one would see not one, but TWO Barfs at the same party???
Hopefully Halloween night will be equally as fun!