Saturday, May 13, 2006

Oh, Sweet Release...

I'm a happy girl today.

Yes, you read right. I'm not my usual miserably whiny self. Why?

Because we got our banked track back up and running at our old rooftop home in downtown/Chinatown. Oh, blessed skating release!

How could this get better? My job ends on Friday. Oh hell yeah, I'm happy!

But wait, there's more!

The Derby Dolls have an actual season lined up. Yes, a real, honest-to-goodness season.
We're having flat-track bouts in June and July, with a weekend of banked-track fun in August. Oh by-the-way, if you're in LA on Saturday, June 17, you're required to show up to the Fight Crew v. Tough Cookies bout in NoHo. We're going to be in our spiffy new uniforms kicking some wannabe Girl-Scout ass. It'll be fun. You'll enjoy yourself, especially when you're cheering for your favorite miserably whiny Fight Crew captain. Oh yes, you will.

How can this be topped?

Glad you asked.

I'm going to NoCal next weekend to see the Bay Area Derby girls do their thang. And then I'm giong to see the Sac City Rollers have their first in-town bout the following night. This will be the last time I'll be able to travel for awhile(if you call going to NoCal "travelling"), so I'm really looking forward to it. Yes, I'm a derby-aholic.

I'm doing a Snoopy dance of joy on the inside.

And now, a totally incomprehensible doodle that I did several years ago. I must've been drunk.

No comments: