Monday, March 29, 2010

Derbyderbyderby

It might be good that I was unemployed through March, because this month has been stoopidly busy with the derby. Camp, practice, games galore.

Last Saturday was the first game of the season for the Ri-Ettes. You know, the ALL-STAR team? The team that I'M the captain of? Yeah. "Overwhelming" doesn't begin to cover it. "Having a couple of nervous breakdowns in preparation for this" is a little closer to what went on for me. We went up against a team of flat track skaters calling themselves "Team Legit" because they don't use skate names.







They gave us a run for our money, but we prevailed. Barely. Phew.

I learned a lot about what will be needed to stay competitive this season. Hopefully I'll be up to the task to successfully conveying that knowledge to the rest of the team so that they take it and run with it. Especially since we have two tournaments coming up before July.

And I still have a Fight Crew game to be ready for in May.


Is it hiatus yet?

No comments: