Sunday, July 15, 2007

Sunday

It's Sunday and I don't know what to do with myself.

Of course I'm procrastinating on several projects, including doing a pin-up-ish drawing for a coworker who has his own comic that's getting published in Croatia(!!?!?!?!?!!) and wants the drawing for part of a "gallery" with other artists.

Below is a very veryveryveryveryvery rough Illustrator pose for what I would've used for a poster pitch if I hadn't gotten so damn busy at work. The pose is taken from a photo that my fave derby photographer Boss Hogg took at the Smog City game I announced for last month.

It was supposed to be for the "Texas Shoot Out" WFTDA Nationals that will be happening in Austin come September. Hence the cowboy outfit. I dunno, I might clean it up anyway just for snicks and giggles.
























Other news...still busy, still enjoying work even though it's busy, and wishing that derby hiatus would last just a few weeks longer. I don't want to drive to work at all, but due to the amount of gear I have, it's necessary. Phooey.

Oh, and I finally saw The Awful Truth on TCM today. It stars Cary Grant and Irene Dunne and was damn funny. I think I have it on dvd somewhere at work, so if I get a breath during lunch or something I'll watch it again. I have to give it to George Clooney...I've liked him a lot better since he decided to totally rip off Cary Grant. If you're gonna steal someone's schtick, steal from the best!

No comments: