Sunday, May 04, 2008

Mind=BLOWN

I played last night.

And got kicked out.

Along with five of my teammates, so I don't feel so bad.

And...




WE WON THE GAME.








BY OVER 100 POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It.

Was.

INSANE.

The crowd was so loud during the first quarter of the game, the ears of those of us in the infield were in terrible pain. It didn't matter what the outcome of the game was gonna be; the audience was there for US.

The final score: LA 118, San Diego 14.

That's not a typo.

Our scoreboard doesn't even accomodate three-digit scores, so by the final whistle it looked like we won by only four points.

Our team just ROCKED. We all did what we were supposed to do. We all were where we were supposed to be. San Diego was just overwhelmed and overpowered. I love those girls, and they're skilled as hell, but LA figured out teamwork, and it showed.

I'm so proud of the league!

Our general league intro from last night:





Here's another "greatest hits" montage that played in front of the Austin derby documentary, Hell on Wheels. I'm not a fan of Queen, but this is an EXCELLENT use of Another One Bites the Dust:



OH!

I forgot to mention that I now have an official theme song for when I get kicked out of games.

It's not a custom song, but it's funny nonetheless.

Back in January, it was expected that I'd get kicked out of the game, so Joan Jett's Bad Reputation was cued up for me. Well, I didn't get kicked out when I was supposed to, but Tough Cookie Iron Maiven did, so the song was hers.

The next time I got kicked out, this song played:



Yeah.

Duran Duran.

GOOD TIMES!!

Everyone expected me to be p!ssed that I'd get saddled with a Duran Duran song. It's not like I'm known for loving Duran Duran.

But in actuality, I don't mind it so much.

Maybe it's because I have a weakness for Girls On Film after all these years!

2 comments:

Gary Clair said...

That was a totally kick ass game I must say!
They got their asses handed to them on a paper plate.

Ken Mitchroney said...

All i can say is..., WOW.