Monday, May 24, 2010

Infusion

This past weekend I was in Phoenix to train the banked track league there. They've been around for a few years but just got their banked track this year. Their path has not been easy, as they started with a more theatrical bend to the game, but as the leadership changed, so did their game, and their trainers came out to LA in January to get a dose of How We Roll. To continue the philosophical and training change of heart, they brought me out for further derby torture. It was so intense I'm sore as hell from it! But what they have going now is so fantastic. Everyone was very nice to me and they even listened to what I had to say! It was amazing! It gave me a boost to be enthused about training LA again, which was needed very much for me.

The best part? One of the girls who came out in January gave me a painting of myself that she did. She's taken up painting recently because she got a helluva concussion from skating, and so can't skate derby for a few months.  But she's still as involved with her league as much as her doctor will allow, and will be back to her old self soon.

And let's face it, to be presented with a fucking painting of oneself is just so amazing:
















Wow...just...WOW!


Here's another doodle I did recently. I really should start doing something with all this crap I draw.

2 comments:

Cagey said...

Liking the doodle. Intrigued by the style...as it's pretty much what I've been mulling over for a tattoo...*raises eyebrow*

Ernessa T. Carter said...

I love this portrait of you SOOOO much. I would like hang that in my own dang house.