Sunday, September 11, 2005

Wheeeeeeee!



Well lookie here, an official blog!

OK, I have a blog on MySpace, but this-here is supposed to be the real deal, innit?

Anyhoo, it should be fun to see me try to figure out how all this works. I just wanna post pix and stuff.

Hey look, I think I'm figuring it out already. Meet my Monkey Skeleton parasol that I made for use in Las Vegas a couple of weeks ago for Rollercon.

"Rollercon? What's that?" You might be asking yourself right about now.

Oh yeah, Rollercon is a meet-n-greet of the new all-girl roller derby leagues that are popping up all over the US. It happened the weekend before Labor Day with over 400 girls attending. It was wild, to say the least. The first night there I was used as a human megaphone by the organizer of the event and for the rest of the weekend I wasn't running on all cylinders due to the damage that hot outside air and cold inside air conditioning + indoor smokers did to my throat. But I still managed to have fun. And I got to use a parasol and not be too embarrassed about it.

Hopefully our league will get some investors soon so that we can secure the warehouse space in downtown LA that we've had our eye on for the past two months and get some bouts going. I miss the banked track...it's faster to skate on, more easily manoeverable than flat-track, and it doesn't hurt as bad as concrete when one falls on it. The crowds love it, too.

Have I babbled enough for one entry? Maybe so.

2 comments:

Uccellina said...

There's no such thing as "too much." Welcome to the blogiverse. I'm glad my nudging helped :-)

RedDiabla said...

Heh, we'll see how this goes, but I'm telling ya, the "not leaving the house much" part of my life is gonna put a strain on my brain!