Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Want a Used Cat?

Anyone want a cat or three?

All my cats are giving me grief. There's the diabetic fat-ass who has been picky about what he eats lately, so making sure that he eats enough to get his twice-daily insulin shot has been interesting, to say the least. There's the angriest cat in the world who just got over some kind of ick where she was puking Exorcist-style. Now the third cat, the big dummy is both crapping and puking, I think due to him eating rubber bands. How do I know he's eating rubber bands? I found the piece of one today in a pile of his poop that he oh-so thoughtfully left in the bedroom. Niiiiiiiice kitty! Tomorrow he goes to the vet if this continues. For now he's sleeping peacefully and oozing-orifice-free on the couch.

Before coming home to Pukefest 2006, the husband and I got out to see Hoodwinked. This film got a lot of flack on an animation-related board that I have since abandoned. It's CGI and was done for about $15 mil. That's nothing compared to the usual film budget, much less an animated film budget. It was very ambitious, but the story held up and Patrick Warburton did a voice for one of the main characters. Of course he was brilliant, so I was able to dismiss some of the not-so-stellar animation in some parts of the film. Shame on the whiners on the animation-related board that I used to frequent for being a bunch of haters.



















It looks like there's going to be a special non-music event going on during Austin's most famous music event next month. I can't say too much except that it involves a roller derby league or two and a match up that'll be AMAZING. I don't know how much I can say about it yet, except that I'm now a fan of Jaegermeister sponsor-wise.

No comments: