Sunday, February 04, 2007

Updates? What updates?

It's really funny that despite me not having a day job, I manage to stay busy enough to not update this-here blog very much.

Here's some photos from the LA/TX game. They were taken by one of my fave photographers, Boss Hogg. He lives in Santa Cruz but drives all over the state taking pix of the different derby leagues sprouting up like mold in the shower. He's funny as hell and snaps a good pic. I must admit I'm horrified to see that I skate with my eyes bugged out like I'm Rat Fink, though.

The Dolls have another photographer that they use. I and a few other skaters don't like him as much because he tends to focus on a "type" that he'll endlessly take pix of, while ignoring the rest of the team. If a skater doesn't have looooong flowing hair and isn't a size 00, she ain't getting her photo taken by this guy. In fact, he didn't even bother taking photos of Fight Crew with the Toughie Trophy when we won the Championship back in November, yet he took plenty of pix of the opposing team, even in defeat. Um, OK. Whatever.

Today is Superbowl Sunday, and I intend to go skate on the beach. And maybe work on the toilet seats that are works-in-progress in the back room. I also have a travel case that needs painting up, so I'm going to try out enamel paint for the very first time. Should be interesting!

2 comments:

Ken Mitchroney said...

The pictures from the bout are great!The redhead digs the jerseys! I will talk to the Roth estate and let them know about the eyes bugging out thing your doing. I think Rat Fink would approve.

Uccellina said...

Whatever - if you don't have long flowy hair and wear a size 00, you're not worth having your photo taken. Let's remember what women are for, shall we?

/sarcasm