Monday, December 05, 2005

Movin' and Groovin'

Saturday I had a birthday party for myself. It was fun, even though not as many Derby Dolls attended as I'd expected. Apparently a bunch of them are allergic to the Westside. Whatever! I had a good mix of people show up and I don't think I embarrassed myself too much. I think. Hmmm.

Anyway, one of the many cool things I got for my birthday was a mix CD from Thora. She's infamous for making some kickass mix CD's. Not a DJ Danger Mouse-type mix, just a compilation of artists that one wouldn't necessarily think of compiling together. It was really cool to be listening to the Datsuns for a couple of songs(Thora's got stuff from them that I don't have...I'm jealous!), then have it follow up with the BeeGees. Yes, the BeeGees. Saturday Night Live, baby. A little Babes in Toyland after that, and of course you gotta have Billy Idol's Flesh for Fantasy in there, too.

I haven't gotten through the whole CD yet, but the song that's on there now is the Circle Jerks' song from Repo Man...the lounge version of When the Sh!t Hits the Fan. Totally cool.





Today is more Chicken Little research day. I gotta finish planning out what I'm going to be boarding today, as well. Oh yeah, and I have derby practice. Being busy is good.

No comments: