Friday, April 20, 2007

So Close, Yet So Far...

I got hired and fired from the husband's place of employment yesterday. Yes, all in one afternoon. That was amusing! So I've scheduled some alternate freelance and keep hoping that a union gig with my name on it opens up soon.

Back in December I was asked to paint up a hard-sided rolling suitcase for one of the rollergirls. I've been terrified to start on it, because of my lack of experience in using enamel paint, which I think would be more durable than acrylic. Since it's a rainfest today, I think I'll have to break down and start it and hope for the best. If I screw up, I don't know what I'll do.

Speaking of said rollergirl, she had come up to me earlier this week all a-giggled saying, "I have a secret!" I asked if she was pregnant. No, she says mock-sorrowfully. She hinted that she'd tell me soon.

Last night she broke down and told me. "I called them," she cryptically says to me. I instantly know what she's talking about. "YOU DID NOT!" I said. "YES I DID!" she replied. "And you came really close! They loved you for a couple of weeks!" Alas, I didn't make the final cut, so no trip to NYC to have my wardrobe ravaged. Damn!

I feel pretty special(in a have-to-wear-a-helmet-every-day type of way)to have people in my life who are willing to go out of their way to embarrass the living bejeezus out of me. That takes effort and dedication, and I respect that!

Speaking of embarrassing, here's a couple of photos from last week's bout. I got a lot of compliments on the hat:












































Knee update: went to the doctor on Tuesday. She inspects the knee. Says nothing is broken and to take it easy for another week. If it's still very painful by next week, I get to schedule an MRI. I asked and got an x-ray just to make doubly-sure that nothing's broken. Nothing's broken. I've been good about taking ibuprofin 3x a day, and the knee is beginning to feel better. Not enough to run, jump or skate, but I can ride my bicycle like nobody's business and even walk a little bit.

Yay.

No comments: