Saturday, October 08, 2005

Career Suicide


Last night there was a wrap party for the studio that I last worked at. For once, it was fun!
Usually studio parties(especially animation studio parties)can be a bore because they're on an off-night(like a Sunday or Thursday), or the location sucks, or there isn't enough food, etc. This time the party was done surprisingly well. It was held at a bowling alley in the Valley and there was food, drink, bowling and karaoke galore. I got to see and talk to people that I usually don't get to visit with very often and that was really fun.

Got to bowl, but since I fed myself margaritas(either three or four of them, I don't quite remember)instead of White Russians, I kinda sucked. The husbitch did well, and J & C were humoring me by telling me that I didn't suck quite as bad as I really was.

The career suicide part comes in where I saw the supervising director from the show I had worked on("Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island" as seen on Kids WB every Saturday morning, check your local listings for times)and slapped him on the ass as I walked by. Smooth move, Ex-Lax! This is a move that works well in Derby Doll circles, but for work purposes that would be construed as over-the-line at the very least, if not outright sexual harassment. Duuuuuuude. But to his credit he seemed to take my sassiness in stride, bless his heart! The real test is if he'll ever hire me again in the future!

I had a nice hangover this morning when I went to skate in Pasadena. Damn, I'm just a soooooooooooouper jenious!

2 comments:

Uccellina said...

Tara - Kill the spammers! We had fabulous time too - and I think you only had three margaritas. I was a little fuzzy myself when I went off to teach this morning.

Your husbitch kicks bowling ass.

RedDiabla said...

"Word verification" is now my friend!