Sunday, October 16, 2005

Fall?!


OK, so it went from warm and sunny to cold, rainy and windy in the space of just over 24 hours. Dang sneaky weather!

Last night the husbitch and I celebrated zvbxrpl's birthday in Valley Village(North Hollywood to everyone else who doesn't live there). I got to suck down some cosmopolitans, which I have to learn to make at home. It was interesting in seeing some industry people who I haven't talked to in eons, and I got to tell everyone that I'm highly unemployed and boy! do I need work! It was good to see friends like Rob, Smedley, Starfish and even Mudsock.

It started to sprinkle outside, so the party was quickly moved from the backyard to inside the house. The liquor was left outside, interestingly enough. Obviously not a Derby Dolls party, as the exact opposite would've happened.

Since we're such the social butterflies, we went to a semi-Derby Doll party afterward. Not many Derby Dolls were there, and the ones who were there were extremely well-behaved. Shocking...shocking I tell you! By the time we got there the sprinkling advanced into a torrential downpour. Weird! We didn't stay long, but it was still fun. I managed to inhale two and a half strong margaritas the short time we stayed. Damn good thing I wasn't driving. At least it stopped raining by the time we left. It hardly rained at all in our own 'hood.

And yes, this morning I was hung over, but all things considered I wasn't doing too badly.

Oh, I'm going to install Illustrator and Photoshop CS either tonight or tomorrow. Woohoo!

One other thing. My thumb hurts. I hurt it on Monday where I managed to peel the flesh away from the side of my thumbnail in a mid-speed fall while skating. Now the flesh has puffed up and it won't heal despite my keeping the ick covered and clean and full of cortaid. It's yucky. I should take a picture of it.

No comments: