Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Gary Sinise!

This week I've been taking part in an episode of CSI: New York that features a roller derby storyline. Not a huge part, or even a speaking role, but hey, I'm wearing a fluorescent green outfit that is noticeable in the background...BIG time. Rehearsal yesterday went well, and Redjenn, Molly Hatchett and myself have been having a grand time skating on the banked track for the first time in five months. So what if it's the old track that an old school loser owns? It's a track, and it's skateable.

Today was mostly non-skating stuff that featured the dead body which CSI stars Gary Sinise and Melina Kanakaredes tut-tut over on the track, as well as various folk meandering around looking for clues. Redjenn and I got to do some high-speed runs around the track right before shooting started, and who was watching us? Gary Sinise. He even came up to us and introduced himself. Gary-freakin'-Sinise! Came up! To us! Wow! Later we got some photos with him and Melina Kanakaredes...too cool!

So at the moment I'm feeling like this:


But tomorrow I'll feel like this:



Because our call time is 6:15AM. That's, like, the morning and stuff! We do all the skating scenes along with a melee, so it's gonna be a loooooooooooong day.

I think I'm going to go prep for bed now.

2 comments:

Uccellina said...

You are sooooooooooooo coooooooool. And like I said on your voicemail, BUST magazine has a big article on Roller Derby, featuring the Gotham Girls.

RedDiabla said...

I haven't seen the BUST mag article, so you're WAY cooler than moi!