Friday, January 12, 2007

Reverse Psychology


Fuxxing wind.

It's back. I'm peeved. The stoopid cats started crawling all over the bed sometime in the middle of the night when the wind kicked up again. This lack-of-sleep thing due to the most hated weather pattern of the season is grating on me.

Would a little rain in this non-existant rainy season be too much to ask? I mean, really. The weatherpeople keep predicting in Chicken Little-esque squawks about the rain that we're supposed to get, and instead we get more goddam wind. Cold wind, on top of it. ARGH.

So I suggest to the chickens that they start predicting more sun and wind so that we get some rain for once. C'mon, it'll be fun.

Today the mouse on the computer is malfunctioning. The "back" and "forward" buttons on it don't work anymore, and the software for the mouse is now gone from the computer. How that happened, I don't know, but it's not helping my bad mood at all.

Yesterday my mood was much better. Kaboom and I got to do an interview for a local sports show in Long Beach called Pep Talk. The two hosts are older gentlemen of the usual sport-talk type; one was in the 1972 Super Bowl and has the ring to prove it and the other guy...well, I don't know what he did but he wore a loud shirt. Upon first meeting them before the show taping I thought, Oh GAWD, this is going to be tedious, but luckily I was very wrong. The Super Bowl guy brought his mom, Virginia, to the taping. She's hilarious. She asked better interview questions than the hosts did. Sharp as a tack and was horrified to find out that DIY derby can't pay for health insurance yet. "You need sponsors!" she said. Yes, we do.

On the set we cracked a lot of jokes during the interview, and we got to promote our season and our sponsorship options, so our interview came off as very lively. There were two guests on after us; a women's water polo coach(she was shy and didn't talk to us very much), and a world-class bicyclist who is friends with a famous actor's son and wants to come to one of our bouts. Both of their interviews were more staid and typical of a sports talk show.

Afterwards Kaboom, Jenna Tailya(Derby Doll secretary and all-around awesome person) and I went to lunch. During lunch Jenna got a call from the Pep Talk producer (who wasn't able to be at the show taping) who heard that we were a lot of fun. Hooray for us!

As if that wasn't enough fun, I had to take my skates to the local skate shop for some maintenance. I found out that I need new axles, but the guy didn't charge me for the work he did on my much-abused skates. So I gave him some Derby Doll stickers and happily went to practice where I got to torture the girls who will be trying out for our subpool next week. Yay, me!

I'm sleepy now.

2 comments:

BixDog said...

I keep trying to read this post, but the hypnotic lure of the wizzle fuzzabunny keeps drawing my eyes away from the text.

Who's walking down the streets of the city
Smiling at everyone that she meets
Who's mixing weed with Scotches and Zoloft
Everyone knows it's Windy

ericblom said...

You said your mouse isn`t working in a good manner. Do you have windows xp? Plug in a usb mouse and it should work. Hope it helps:-)