Friday, January 05, 2007

Wind


Of all the weather conditions that I normally experience here in SoCal, I hatehatehate wind most of all.

Yesterday was nice. Started sunny, got cloudy, started drizzling by the time I got in the car and drove downtown to derby practice. Since we've had little to no rain this rain season, I was quite delighted.

Sometime after midnight I was woken up by the frenetic jangling of the neighbor's windchimes and our lymphomic cat skittering all over the bed. The wind had decided to let its presence be known.

Fawwwwwwwk.

So I got up, put a jacket on, and meandered out to the backyard so that I could retrieve the one thing back there that I was afraid would blow away...the trampoline cover.

Yes, I have a trampoline in my backyard. I rock.

After that was done, I couldn't get back to sleep. The cats continued to annoy the bejeezus out of me by crawling all over the place and not settling down. The husband apparently was able to sleep through that. I couldn't. I didn't get any sleep the night before, either, so I'm in a charming mood.

Today it's still windy. Supposedly the power is out in areas all over SoCal. I wouldn't know, as I haven't turned on a tv or radio today. If I didn't have to take the lymphomic cat to the vet and go to a derby meeting, I'd just hide in bed all day.

I still have one toilet seat commission to do, along with a travel case to paint. Then there's the derby artwork that needs finishing so that I can step down from that crap. And no real work in sight. Harrumph.

Come back, rain...come back!

No comments: