Wednesday, May 09, 2007

What Have I Gotten Myself Into?!

So my union gig coming up is all pencilled in schedule-wise and it's all good.

Then I get a call the day before yesterday. The gig says that the sequence director originally assigned to my section has "punked out" and would I like to be sequence director?

Huh?!?!

Quick definition for the non-animation types: a sequence director basically is responsible for having three storyboard artists get their storyboards done for a section of script. In this case, a third of the script I'm going to be working on is assigned to three storyboard artists who will then split that section three ways and I get to tell them to hurry up and finish. Then I get to critique the work, give minor revisions, and will then help the main director to make sure that the timing of the animation in my section is done so that the whole shebang can be sent to Korea for animation.

Great googly-moogly!

When I was first contacted about the gig in general over a month ago, the main director had asked me if I was interested in being a sequence director. At the time, I said NO!!!!!!!!! But since it came up again, I figured that this was a sign that I have to follow through on what I said about actually trying to pay attention to my animation "career" this year. Thing is, I've been willfully ignorant about timing in animation, so I'm panicked as hell. And feeling nauseous. Everyone is telling me that I'll be fine, I'll learn it quick, and it ain't a big deal. However, I would still like one of these:



















Oh, and right now I'm busy as hell on some other freelance. Fun freelance. Freelance that isn't animation. Freelance involving drawing pin-ups. When it rains, it freakin' pours.

Now only if my knee would get better. Skating banked track aggravates it. Oh joy.

No comments: