Monday, October 22, 2007

I'm an Idiot

Today's Idiocy:

Halloween costumes.

Every year it's a challenge to come up with something for both the husband and myself to put together...the past two years we've done pretty good, though. This year we were stuck, but got an idea from husband's coworker and fellow Drunk Scout, Raised by Wolves, to go as Austin Powers and a fembot.

FANTASTIC!!

This was an idea that especially sounded good at the King's Head Tavern in Santa Monica where the husband's soon-to-be-ex coworkers were "celebrating" a bunch of them getting laid off from the hell project they've been slaving away on for way too long. Note: don't take costume ideas seriously when two whiskey shots, two ciders, and a lack of food were present.

The next day we go online, find a couple of costumes(of which there is a wiiiiiiiiiiiiide variety of Austin Powers costumery to choose from), and order them. Halloween problems mostly solved! All I need is gloves, shoes, and a lot of liquor to actually go out in public wearing the damn outfit.

The photo of the fembot costume on the site that we ordered from looks like this:

























Cute. Pink. Not too embarrassing...somewhat opaque, which is a very, very good thing.

This morning I was hunting around the internet looking for ideas on how to do the gunbarrels sticking out of the fembot costume(no luck, btw), and came across this photo:

























I'm reallyreallyreallyreally hoping that this is NOT how the costume actually looks.

I'll die.

No, SERIOUSLY.

I'll freakin' DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIE.


The costumes won't show up to the house for a couple more days. I'll be sitting and whimpering in a dark corner until they're here and I can see for myself what kind of trouble I've gotten myself into.

Pray for me.

In the meantime, here's the clip from the Austin Powers movie that this lunacy is coming from:

2 comments:

Ken Mitchroney said...

You can always sharpie a Hematoma on your leg, Find some black shorts and a curly wig and your done. BOO!

RedDiabla said...

Oh GAWD.

I think I'd rather run around practically nekkid in pink than resort to your suggestion!