Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Drying Up...

Warner Bros is a weird place these days.

This morning I read this article linked from John K's blog comment section. Made me say, "WTF?!?!?!" to myself, as it comes on the heels of the announcement that Kids WB will cease to exist, leaving what little Saturday morning animation on CW to be done by 4Kids...the guys that used to do Pokemon and also currently do all of Fox's Saturday morning crap. Warners ain't itself these days.

What does this mean for the average working jane such as myself? Even less job stability, as there's one less place to try to get a job at. Crap. I yearn for a day when Americans can make funny cartoons to be shown on tv again, but I don't know if that will be allowed to happen.

What to do?

Start one's own crap on the internet is the obvious first choice. Hell, look at Homestar Runner...one of the funniest internet cartoons out there, IMO and they're still going strong. The creators got the chance to go on tv, but they turned it down because they knew the suits would screw up the show. Good on them.

In the meantime, here's a logo for the Derby Dolls' referee crew that I'm almost done with:






















It was inspired by artwork from the early-80's ska bands like the Selecter. Fun stuff. A little more tweaking and it'll be ready to go. Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!

Speaking of Derby Dolls...we're still homeless, technically. I don't know when our next game will be. I don't know if/when we'll be moving the track that's currently in a new storage space into our alleged almost-OK'd new space in Silverlake. Ugh. Frustrating.

So in the meantime I'm beach skating and getting ready for this weekend's festivities of bikers, cool t-shirts and weddings. Yay!

No comments: