Sunday, November 04, 2007

Cute and Adorable

Halloween was fuuuuuun this year.

We stayed home as usual, but invited the Drunk Scouts over to help hand out candy to the kids. There were a lot of kids. Hundreds of the little bastards. And they were cute. A lot of small children dressed as cute little bugs(ladybugs were the favorite). The older kids were fewer in number this year and generally were more polite than in years past. I did have to demand a "trick-or-treat" from some kids...hey, if you're gonna get free candy from me, you have to say something to me!

Our neighbor with the outrageous Halloween decorations said that he had 800 kids and 2,000 adults come to his house. He set things up so that people could walk through his decorated house. A-MAZING. We didn't get as many people as he did...we figure around 500 trick-or-treaters came to our door. Insane.

The costumes were a hit...both with the kids and the parents. This was the first year where parents asked if they could take our picture! Wow! Some people said funny stuff...an eight year old boy said, "Nice guns!" to me. A woman dressed like a small child in longjohns came up to the porch and yelled, "Mommmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!" to me. I started laughing. She laughed back, and then we both ended up laughing even harder until we were both at the point of falling over due to the double entendre she said. It was great.

Below is a photo of me and the ever-adorable Raf. I include this just because he's cute. Maybe even cuter than the trick-or-treaters we got. The photo was taken a couple of months ago by one of the storyboard artists I pushed arou--I mean, directed over the summer. Every time I talked to her, she kept telling me how. Darned. CUTE the photo was, but I never saw it. It was hilarious because she hyped the cuteness factor several times in the past couple of months. I kept reminding her to send it to me, but I didn't get it until this weekend. I'm not cute, so I think the cute quotient comes down to a manageable viewing level.

Besides, I just had dinner with Raf and a couple of other Scooby Gang artists last week and had an entertaining time making fun of each other.


















I'm back to freelancing for the jewelry company that I did pin-ups for earlier this year. Oh darn, I have to draw more hot women! And I'm reworking my Puss in Boots assignment. Life can be so difficult!

I'm trying to figure out if the Writer's Strike is going to be bad for the business or not. Right now I say not, since the execs make sooooooooooooooooo much more money than the creatives. It's ridiculous.

No comments: