Saturday, August 30, 2008

Holiday

My mood is mildly improved from Thursday, but not by much.

Here's a stoopid painting I did a few months ago that was part of a group show:
















Trust me when I say that it looks a million times better in person. But the damn thing didn't sell anyway. I haven't figured out what to do with it now.



This past week my parents celebrated their wedding anniversary. They've been married since 1962. HOLY CRAP!!

That's quite an accomplishment in this day and age, don't you think? The Dear Husband's parents are still married to each other, too. I have to say that because these days it's not safe to assume such things about one's parents. It's kinda sad that marriage has taken the nose-dive that it has. I actually believe that it's still viable and worthwhile...especially if kids are involved.

Of course that's not why I got married. We did it for the health insurance. Hey, it worked for us!


So tomorrow the Dear Husband, my Seestir and myself are driving to San Diego to pick up the parents from the airport to have a nice brunch in Coronado in celebration of their anniversary. That should be fun!

But for today, we're going bicycle shopping. The DH isn't looking forward to it, as he really liked the bike that was stolen. However, he's stoically going to try to find a Good Replacement for the Dearly Departed Bike. I'm kinda looking forward to all this myself, as it beats sitting around the house watching infomercials all day.

Woohoo!

And be sure to check in with Redneck Theater when you get the chance. We're going to be in hell in about ten years, based on the latest entry.

No comments: