Monday, January 19, 2009

RIP

A few weeks ago I heard that there was a league split in one of my favorite California leagues, the Bakersfield Rollergirls.

I don't know why it happened, but it did. I muttered at the time that I hoped that the split wouldn't cause one or both leagues to go under.

Today I found out that one league lost, the original Bako Rollergirls are no more.

I'm very sad, as I liked the girls who ran it and the skaters who skated for them. And of course they had one of the best league logos out there:




















OK, maybe I say that because I designed that damn logo. I'm sorry to see it go away.

I just hope the breakaway league can keep derby going in ol' Bako...they need something besides Buck Owens' memory to keep 'em going.

RIP, Bako Rollergirls and Fabulous Logo, I'll miss ye!

2 comments:

Ivanna Shoverova said...

That is a pretty damn good logo - good luck to the Bakersfield girls

RedDiabla said...

Hopefully the Derby Revolution will make it. I wonder what their logo will look like?!