Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year


Ah, Halloween.

How I love it so.

Especially when I manage to find a decent costume. Last year's was damn fun. This year started rocky but is getting better. I was happy to have the syringe effect work without too much of a hassle. I won't tell you the engineering it took to make it happen, but I can tell you that I was able to *gasp* dance with it not moving anywhere I didn't want it to.

The photo you see here was taken on Saturday night at a small party that one of the husband's co-workers hosted. It was pretty amusing to have duelling Umas present. We didn't fight; we just contented ourselves with taking a photo together. Oh, the blonde cheated...she was wearing some hellish high heels while I flat-footed it. She's still quite striking, isn't she?

Tonight we're staying home and passing out candy to the kids. We get a buttload of kids in our neighborhood because of the amazing house decorations some of our neighbors have. The decorations draw people from all over the Westside. A couple of blocks down the street there's a major "keeping up with the Joneses" Halloween decoration competition going on that's been happening for the past five years or so. We checked them out last night and got tours of the people's houses and everything. They keep adding more and more every year and make it better and better and more elaborate. I'm jealous that they have the time and energy to spend on it.

Maybe next year.

No comments: