Friday, October 27, 2006

You'll just have to take my word for it...

...when I say that the Mudsock commission is coming along nicely.

I sat down with an anatomy book, some other reference, and a stack of paper and sharpened pencils to sketch out what the next in commissioned toilet seatery will look like.

It's funny.

In a good way.

Unfortunately blogger isn't letting me upload this brilliance, so just close your eyes and imagine the detail, the nuance, the absolute genius of what I just described in such nitpicky detail.

Well, Mudsock might be able to do it.


The Halloween costume is almost done. Just one more detail needs to be added, and it's ready to go. Unfortunately I found out on Wednesday that this idea was done by one of the Derby Dolls last year, but I was too busy getting completely blotto at the time to remember. Dammit. So the husband and I had to come up with another idea for the derby-related Halloween party that we're going to tonight. It's barely acceptable, but it's comfortable and it involves fake blood.

Tomorrow night we're going to one of the cool-kid studio's party. I was amused to get an invite, as I'm no one's idea of cool, but we're going. Funny, I can go to their parties, but I need to take a test to see if I'm good enough to work for them. Ah, irony!


Skating was good last night. Most of the team was there, getting their groove on. It was the first practice since the last game where I felt the team was together. Next week we really have to get our butts in gear for the game next Saturday. The all-ages game in Little Tokyo. The Championship game. The game that will knock everybody's socks off, and if you miss it, you'll regret it for the rest of your days!

No comments: