Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Did I mention...


...that the Derby Dolls are skating this Saturday? In Long Beach? At the West Coast Choppers 10th Annual No Love party? Yes? No? Kinda?

I'm mentioning it now.

The stress level goes up like corruption charges in the Bush administration with events like this.

I'm captaining an all-star team calling themselves the Pink Tuscaderos. The other all-star team are calling themselves the Rolling Blackouts. Team rosters, strategies, determining the strengths and weaknesses of each team all take a back seat to the truly important matters of the day, such as which team has to wear pink while the other wears black. Team names also take up a stoopid amount of discussion time that could be spent doing something useful. I hate stuff like this. I just want to skate on the banked track. I want to deal with an absolute minimal amount of crap to do so. This whole "responsible captain" thing is a drag when that's all I want to do.

Another fun aspect to this is dealing with girls who think they should be skating this game when they haven't been showing up to practice in anything resembling a consistent manner. Each of the usual Derby Doll teams has had at least one or two girls that are protesting the No Love team rosters because they're not on 'em. Nevermind that they've been around as much as voters are flocking to the polling places for today's Special Election. Grrrrrrr.

And to top it all off, I have to skate easy this week because I'm on the verge of blowing my knees out from falling too much on them while skating on concrete. Good times. NOT!

In the meantime, every job lead I'm hearing about doesn't start until the New Year. "Happy holidays" while I'm broke, indeed.

Have I kvetched enough?

No comments: