Friday, November 04, 2005

No Love!


Today's all about no love.

First, there's confirmation that the Derby Dolls will be playing an exhibition bout next Saturday at 2:30pm at West Coast Choppers' No Love Ride. I'm captaining one of the all-star teams, and I think the league owner is planning on making my life a living hell by making my team wear pink. Did I mention how much I reallyreallyREALLY freakin' hate pink?! It's worse than fluorescent chartreuse to me. Seriously.

This afternoon the husbitch and I went to see Disney's latest offering, Chicken Little...in 3D!!!!(Add booming echo effect here) There's been an insane amount of incredibly snarky talk on an animation board that I frequent(with more and more disgust lately, however)about how horrible this film is. In the end, it's not as bad as the pixie dust-snorting fanboys would wish it to be. It ain't perfect; the beginning and end of the film were very self-referential in a Shrek type of way to the point of eye-rolling annoyance on my part. However, the Warner Bros-esque animation was GREAT, the character designs were funny, and there were some background jokes that just cracked me up. The director of the film, Mark Dindal, is one of my contemporary faves...he also directed Disney's Emperor's New Groove and Turner's Cats Don't Dance.

Hopefully tonight we'll be going to Skylight Books in Los Feliz for a performance of objects from Found magazine. That should be fun!

No comments: