Thursday, June 08, 2006

A Fearless Leader

Since our coach left the Derby Dolls, we've had to put together a training team to run practices. This team consists of the captains, co-captains, and few other badass skaters. So I have to run practices a couple times a month, which I hate doing. With a passion.

It just puts me on the spot. Like I really know what the hell I'm doing. I don't. Really. It's amazing how a loud mouth makes up for a working brain sometimes. Is this how regular teachers feel? I hate it. This "being responsible" sh!t is just buggin'.

It also doesn't help that the day-job freelance is in high gear and I have a derby-related flyer and two posters to complete before the weekend. Oh, and one of the posters I'm doing is for the competing LA league. Yes, that's right, I'm a sellout. A cheap sellout, but a sellout nonetheless. This brings up the issue of league loyalty. As it should.

Artistically, me doing stuff for the other league is like being released from a straightjacket. But skate-wise, uh...they're competition at this point.

Dude.

I'm in wait-and-see mode right now. I like having different approaches to different leagues. It rocks my little pea-brain. I've done artworkfor two other leagues with no moral dilemna. But can I really be an artistic derby slut? Only time will tell, evidentially.

No comments: