Wednesday, September 03, 2008

OK...

Day 3 of No Morning Energy Drink/Caffeine/Whathaveyou:

I think I'm going to live.

Still headachey, the moodswings are still in full effect, but the fog is beginning to lift just a leettle bit.

Strange side effect: my strength is piss-poor for my morning arms/ab routine. Hmmmmm. Hope that changes and pronto! Tonight I'll find out how I do at derby practice.

Another side effect: I'm hungry.

ALL THE TIME.

EVEN MORE THAN USUAL.

Yeah, I didn't think that was possible, either.

I hope to have some sort of "normalcy" by the game next week.



Here's my contribution for the SNIFF shirt this year:





















Don't know about the color scheme, but that's easily changed.



The past few days I've been endlessly listening to some mash-ups by Party Ben. It's really cool to download an hour of music to just groove to. I discovered him through one of our skaters, Gal VanIZed. She discovered roller derby thru the Dear Husband's brother-in-law, who apparently talked up this alleged mere hobby pretty good. She's a damned interesting person, who includes hypnosis on her resume of Cool Stuff She Does. Her husband is now one of the league's Official Photographers and has a league fan site. Ain't that neat!

Now I must fight off the urge to nap. I won't let the lack of caffeine win.

2 comments:

Sheri Zampelli AKA Gal VanIZed said...

After seeing your blog, I had no choice but to listen to Party Ben - Live at Bootie SF 1/13/07 for like the 10th time now. LOVE IT!

RedDiabla said...

Yeah, his mixes are GREAT!!

Btw, THANKS so much for the visualizations last night! I found it to be incredibly helpful!